To ensure everyone’s safety and full enjoyment of the facility the following rules must be followed:
A completed and signed waiver by a parent/guardian is required for all minors entering Kidsapia family entertainment centre. Save time by signing our online waiver below.
1.There is a maximum height limit of 120cm/48 inches (4 feet) is in place at Kidsapia Indoor Playground. This means that only kids 120cm/48 inches (4 feet) or shorter are allowed to enter and play at Kidsapia. No exceptions to this rule are allowed under any circumstances so please do make sure that you and your guests are fully aware of this rule AND make alternative arrangements for kids taller than this height limit (this includes the siblings of the birthday child). This rule is strictly enforced for the safety of the children. In the same way as in many theme parks the structures and play equipment at Kidsapia have been designed and manufactured with this height limit in mind. Please make sure you bear this fact in mind when booking a party or planing to visit Kidsapia for regular drop-in play or for other services provided at Kidsapia (Babysitting, Camps, After School care etc).
1a. People who use mobility devices (all ages) including those using any kind of wheelchair (manual or electric) are more than welcome throughout the playground. All our entrance and exit doors and gates are wheelchair accessible. If you think you may require assistance at anytime please approach a member of staff who will be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.
2. Kidsapia is an unsupervised play area. Parents and guardians must supervise their children at all times. For parties where the parents drop off their kid/s the party host/s are responsible for supervising all the guest kids (a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 kids is recommended).
3. Kidsapia is not responsible for any lost or stolen items or for any injuries that may occur whilst at Kidsapia. Parent/guardians of every child/minor under the age of 18 years old must fully supervise the child/ren under their care AND a signed waiver must be completed by the parent/guardian for every minor prior to entering Kidsapia playground.
4. Kidsapia is a SOCKS ONLY facility. Everyone (adults and kids) MUST have SOCKS to enter our facility. This rule is in place for the health and safety of everyone, particularly the little ones. No shoes, hard soled slippers, or bare-feet please. For your convenience we offer socks for sale at the reception desk.
5. For parties, the host is responsible for reminding all their guests that socks are mandatory. If guests arrive without socks Kidsapia staff will provide guests with socks and the cost will be added to the host’s final invoice payable on the day of the party ($2+hst per pair). Alternatively party hosts can bring their own socks for their guests to avoid this charge.
6. The birthday child and all other children (including newborns, babies and toddlers) are counted as part of the (kids) guest list. Adolescents may be admitted but will be counted as part of the adult guests allowed per party package.
7. No Outside Food and Drinks are allowed into Kidsapia by drop-in guests except for baby food or other food/snacks/drinks for children ONLY. We can order outside food for drop-in guests and we also sell soft drinks and healthy snacks. Visit our snack bar or contact a member of staff for details of the competitively priced catering options. Guests who have reserved parties at Kidsapia may bring outside food and drinks (EXCEPT PIZZA) into Kidsapia (including cakes) as long as the following rules are adhered to:
- All PIZZA must be ordered through Kidsapia.
- All food and drink must be nut-free and contain no nut ingredients. Items with traces of nuts or those that “may contain nuts” are not allowed either – No baked goods from Tim Horton’s, Starbucks or other similar fast food vendors are allowed as they may contain nuts or nut ingredients.
- All food, drink & cake orders made through Kidsapia or changes to such orders must be made at least 7 days before your party/event.
- Custom cake orders require longer a notice period (see cake list for details). We will made every effort to accommodate your requests or changes but orders or changes made less than 3 days before your party cannot be guaranteed.
- No gums may be consumed at anytime on Kidsapia premises.
- No Alcohol is allowed at anytime on Kidsapia premises.
- No food deliveries to front desk unless ordered by or approved by Kidsapia staff.
- Fruit trays, veggie trays, chips, cake/cupcakes are fine (as long as they meet the nut-free criteria mentioned above).
- No large bottles of pop please. Canned/small bottled/boxed drinks are fine.
- No rice/ messy food/highly staining foods please (sauces/curries etc).
- All food/drink purchased at Kidsapia (or brought in by party guests or baby/kids food brought in by drop-in guests) must be consumed in the party rooms (during parties) or in our snack bar area (not in the carpeted area or inside the play areas).
8. Party extras from outside are allowed into Kidsapia as long as they comply with the following rules. All party essentials including balloons, loot bags, themed tableware etc. can be purchased through Kidsapia. Contact us for details of the competitively priced party essential options available.
- No helium balloons are allowed unless individual weights are attached or if bundled a weight holding all balloons securely is attached (this is a mall restriction to avoid balloons flying up and causing ventilation problems/hazards).
- No confetti, piñatas, animal balloons, face painting, temporary tattoos or glitter are permitted on the Kidsapia premises.
9. Kidsapia is a nut-aware facility. Whilst we make every effort to ensure a nut-free environment we cannot guarantee a totally nut-free facility. A $75+HST cleaning fee is applied to your invoice if nuts are discovered in any outside food brought into the playground.
10. Please ensure that you and your child/children are free of illness. Kidsapia management reserves the right to refuse entry or ask people to leave if there are obvious signs of communicable illness.
11. All event and party bookings must be made with prior reservation (please check availability through our online booking system (for parties of 10 or 15 kids) or by phone/in person -for larger parties).
12. Kidsapia reserves the right to refuse admission or ask you and your child to leave if equipment is being used improperly or your play or behaviour is unsafe or disrespectful to others, including our staff.
13. Promotions offered directly at Kidsapia and those offered through our partners cannot be combined unless stated otherwise. Half price admission fee, including vouchers/cards etc. and the half price offer on Wacky Wednesdays or other promotional times is not applicable to already half price toddler admission or the reduced rate baby admission fee.
14. All parties are 2 hours with private party room/s (except for private parties which are 2.5 hours).
15. Please note that unless a private party booking has been made for the entire facility, we may have up to 4 parties at any one time AND we will also remain open to the general public for drop-ins during our regular birthday parties. Please see details about our private event bookings under the “Parties and Events section/Other Events“.
16. Closing times for private events or scheduled maintenance are always posted to our Opening Hours page and/or our homepage at least 1 week before the event. We may occasionally close without prior notice due to unplanned but essential maintenance work that need to be completed. We also post prior notification when we expect large groups of kids e.g. field trips or large daycare group drop-ins. Please always check our homepage or call us before making the trip to avoid disappointment.
17. Please note that a $100 +HST deposit per room is required for all party/event bookings (50% deposit is required for private parties). There is a minimum charge in place for each number of rooms booked as shown below:
10 to 15 kids – 1 party room ($100+hst deposit, minimum package chargeable is the 10 kid package)
16-25 kids – 2 party rooms ($200+hst deposit, minimum package chargeable is 15 kids + $75, unless downgraded 4 weeks before the party)
26-35 kids – 3 party rooms ($300+hst deposit, minimum package chargeable is 15 kids + $150, unless downgraded 4 weeks before the party)
36-45 kids – 4 party rooms ($400+hst deposit, minimum package chargeable is 15 kids + $225, unless downgraded 4 weeks before the party)
Private Parties/Other Group Events/Bookings: Minimum 50% deposit is required.
All deposits are non-refundable but changes to the date and time of any party/event booking can be made at least 14 days before the party (subject to availability and the above minimum chargeable party package fees). If there is no availability for a party date or time change (with a 14 day notice) a credit note equal to the amount of the deposit will be provided which can be used for other goods or services provided by Kidsapia. There is no expiry date for such credit notes. All deposits are non-refundable and cancellations made with less than 4 full weeks’ notice will forfeit the deposit paid.
Cancellation Policy due to COVID-19 (The only exception to this policy that we are making in response to the special COVID-19 situation is that a gift card will be issued in lieu of the deposit paid if the party or event is cancelled with less than 14 days notice. Gift cards have no expiry date and will be equivalent to the full value of the deposit paid.
18. Smaller parties of 10 or 15 kids can be upgraded to larger parties up to 1 week before the party (subject to availability).
19. Final number of kids for each booked party MUST be confirmed by the host booking the party at least 1 week before the party date. The minimum party package number as outlined in rule#18 above is applicable for for each of the party packages. If we do not hear from the party host who has booked the party 1 week before the party the number of kids for the package booked at the time of the booking will be considered as final by Kidsapia staff and this is the minimum number that the party host will be charged for on the day of the party. Any additional kids turning up on the day (not confirmed beforehand) will be charged the applicable admission fee for that day and age of the child. Additionally, in cases of “No Shows” i.e. where we do not hear from the party host for final confirmation of number of kids and the host (and/or guests) do not show up on the day of the party the entire deposit paid will be forfeited. Kidsapia also reserves the right to charge the party host the remaining balance of the reserved party (party package selected at the time of booking).
20. All birthday parties must be booked through Kidsapia and held inside a per-reserved party room. No birthday parties may be held in the snack bar area as this area is allocated for our drop-in guests.
21. For drop-in guests, in/out privileges are allowed during opening hours on weekdays (Monday to Friday) as long as you have your payment receipt (and/or your security wristband) with you. On Saturdays and Sundays there is no in/our privileges except with a multi-visit pass or a VIP membership (3 month or annual).
22. For your safety and security, everyone entering Kidsapia must have a security wristband on. The wristband system is in place to ensure the parents/guardians are matched with the kids in their care as they arrive and leave the facility. Please hold on to your wristband if you drop off your child for a party and pick-up later. Please inform our staff if you drop off your child but someone else will be picking up your child as we may ask for ID and/or verify your identity and relationship to the child with the party host to ensure the right parents/guardians are picking up the right kids.
23. Also for your safety and security we have a Digital Video Recording (DVR) system in the facility.
24. Kidsapia Day Camp Cancellation Policy: Camps can be cancelled with a full refund* up to 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of your registered camp week or day. Camps cancelled up to 48 hours before the start of the camp (2 working days) will not be refunded but a credit note (Kidsapia Gift Card) up to the full value of the camp fee that you paid will be made. The gift card can be used against any products or services offered at Kidsapia (including food and drink) and will not have an expiry date. Cancellations less than 2 working days (not including weekends/holidays) will be subject to a $30 cancellation fee but will still get a gift card for the balance of the camp fees paid. Cancellation Policy due to COVID-19: The only exception to this policy that we are making in response to the special COVID-19 situation is that cancellations by parents with less than 2 days notice will not incur a cancellation fee of $30. In other words, a gift card (equivalent to the full value of the camp fees paid) will be issued for cancellations less than 2 days.
* please note that if the camp fees were paid by a credit card a 3% credit card handling fee will be deducted from the refund. This is not applicable if a Kidsapia credit note/Gift card is issued instead of a monetary refund.
25. Babysitting arrangements must be paid for in full at the time of booking but may be cancelled with at least 24 hours notice with full refund (minus a 3% credit card fee if applicable). Cancellations of same day Babysitting arrangements are non-refundable
Addendum to our above Rules & Regulations during COVID-19
In the event of a disruption, we would post a sign on our front door and will also make an announcement on the homepage of our website, as well as through our newsletter (for all our subscribers) and our social media. You can also check this FAQ section for any developments.
As per our standard party/event booking policy, deposits are non-refundable (https://kidsapia.com/rules-regulations/). The only exception to this policy that we are making in response to the special COVID-19 situation is that a gift card will be issued in lieu of the deposit paid if the party or event is cancelled with less than 14 days notice. Gift cards have no expiry date and will be equivalent to the full value of the deposit paid.
Additionally, if we at Kidsapia cancel a party/event at any time, due to reasons beyond our control i.e. force majeure (for example due to a public health ruling that requires us to temporarily close the venue or as a precautionary measure to contain the spread of a virus) we will also issue a full refund of the deposit in the form of a gift card (equivalent to the deposit paid).
Please refer to our standard camp cancellation policy for full details (https://kidsapia.com/rules-regulations/). The only exception to this policy that we are making in response to the special COVID-19 situation is that cancellations by parents with less than 2 days notice will not incur a cancellation fee of $30. In other words, a gift card (equivalent to the full value of the camp fees paid) will be issued for cancellations less than 2 days. Additionally, if we at Kidsapia cancel the camp due to circumstances beyond our control and with less than the usual notice period specified within our standard policy i.e. force majeure (for example due to a public health ruling that requires us to close the venue or as a precautionary measure to contain the spread of a virus) we will also issue a full refund in the form of a gift card in lieu of the fees paid.